Our Commitment To You
Building Disputes Tribunal is committed to educating and informing parties to construction contracts and their advisers about the practices and procedures under the Construction Contracts Act 2002 and to resolving building and construction disputes fairly, promptly and cost effectively.
Here is our commitment to you:
1. We promise to provide you with the information that you need to understand the Construction Contracts Act 2002 in simple clear language via our comprehensive website so that you will be empowered to make informed decisions about your rights and obligations under construction contracts and save valuable time and money.
2. We promise to provide you with a highly efficient, consistent, and professional nomination and dispute resolution services administered and delivered by experienced dispute resolution professionals who you can trust and who will guide and support you and your advisers through the dispute resolution process. To do this we will:
• Maintain independent panels of adjudicators, arbitrators, mediators, experts and early neutral evaluators who are experienced, respected, and recognised as leaders in construction dispute resolution in New Zealand.
• Provide credible, innovative, commercially relevant and effective dispute resolution processes.
• Provide you with on-line access to the forms and documents required for every step in the adjudication process from making a payment claim to enforcing a determination, free of charge.
• Provide you with access to our experienced Registrars who can answer your questions about the Construction Contracts Act 2002 and dispute resolution processes and who will oversee and case-manage your claims at no cost to you.
• Keep you up to date with the latest developments in construction law in New Zealand.
• Maintain and provide you with statistics for all dispute resolution processes that we administer.
• Provide fixed fee dispute resolution services for low value claims of low complexity.
• Provide a free on-line nomination and appointment service within 24hrs.
3. And most of all, we make an uncompromising promise to treat you with respect and courtesy, to listen and to carefully consider everything you have to say to us, and to continually strive to deliver the country’s most reliable, independent, nationwide specialist building and construction dispute resolution service.
In return, we ask that you please:
• Contact us immediately if there is anything in relation to the Construction Contracts Act 2002, our administration services, or any dispute resolution process that you cannot find or do not understand, or that upsets, disappoints or puzzles you. Help is only a phone call or click away and we are here to help and support you all the way. Your earliest advice gives us an opportunity to prevent or resolve any problems promptly and helps us to continually develop, review and improve our services. Any suggestions you have as to how the Act may be improved to better serve parties to construction contracts will also help us to lobby for any appropriate legislative changes when the opportunity presents.
• Provide us with valuable feedback by taking the time to complete our simple survey form.
• Treat all our people with respect and courtesy and carefully read and listen to everything we communicate to you.
• Promptly pay our fees and expenses when we ask.
• Refer at least one other person to us so that we can continue to develop and improve our education and dispute resolution services for the benefit of all parties to construction contracts.