Andrew is a management consultant with 50+ years of international experience in civil engineering, with emphasis on procurement and management of infrastructure projects and the law and practice of construction contracts.
During this time, he has worked on projects in 20 countries. His experience in capital and operations contract procurement and management includes:
- a wide range of civil engineering projects as adviser to clients or contractors,
- contract strategy formulation, documentation, procurement, administration, claims preparation and rebuttal, dispute resolution,
- contract management under NZS 3910/6/7, FIDIC YB, ICE6, NEC, AS 2124
- active participant in the development of NZS 3910 conditions since 1979
- professional trainer and lecturer in contracts and project management,
- experienced construction arbitrator.
Since training as an arbitrator during the 1980s, Andrew has conducted several arbitrations of disputes on both engineering construction and professional fees issues. One of his awards was appealed to the High Court, where Mr Justice Smellie confirmed the award as the judgement of the court.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Chartered Professional Engineer, NZ (since 2002) and previously Registered Engineer, since 1972
- Project Management Professional (2007)
- Fellow, Institution of Professional Engineers, NZ (promoted 1991), Member since 1972
- Fellow, Chartered Institution of Water & Environmental Management, UK (1995-2003)
- Associate, Arbitrators & Mediators Institute NZ (since 1985)
- Member or former member of many other professional societies.
- Bachelor of Business Studies, Massey University, 1998 (accounting and finance)
- Diploma of Business Administration, Massey University, 1983 (economics and business law)
- Master of Engineering Science, University of Melbourne, 1974
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) University of Canterbury, 1968
- NZTA ‘Engineer to Contract’ certification, Level 3.
- Director, Enmore Consultancy Ltd, Auckland (2016-)
- Chief Engineer, Construction Contracts, MWH New Zealand Ltd, 2012-16
- Director of Project Management, MWH Asia-Pacific, 2006-12,
- Project Management Consultant, National Contracts Adviser, Regional Manager, MWH NZ Ltd, 1997-2006,
- Associate, Project Management Consultant, WS Atkins Consultants Ltd, UK, 1991-96,
- Associate then Director, Brickell Moss / Rankine & Hill Ltd, Auckland, NZ, 1980-88,
- Senior Engineer, Brickell Moss Rankine & Hill, NZ, 1975-80,
- Design Engineer, John Connell - Mott Hay & Anderson Melbourne, Australia, 1972-74,
- Design Engineer, Melbourne & Metropolitan Board of Works, Australia, 1970-72,
- Engineering Cadet then Construction Engineer, NZ Ministry of Works, 1964-67 and 1967-69