• Currently I work with employment, commercial, civil, family, community and business disputes and for over 18 years I have mediated cumulatively more than 2500 mediations in these areas.
• Senior Mediator Department of Labour 2000–2007, including two years as Practice Leader, assisting in resolving the more complex personal grievance/collective agreement disputes. I have worked with a broad cross-section of individuals, organisations and unions.
• Currently professional supervisor for practising mediators.
• My formative education in dispute resolution comprised in 1993/4 a Masters Degree at Denver University together with a 12 month internship with the prestigious CDR and Associates, Boulder, Colorado, plus time as a Mediator with Arvarda Community Mediation, Denver District Attorney's Office.
• Lecturer in Mediation and Negotiation, Massey University 1995–1998
• Part-time Lecturer, Auckland University of Technology 1998–2002
• Contributing author to "Dispute Resolution in New Zealand" (1999) Oxford University Press and author of "The New Zealand Report on ADR" (2009) commissioned by the British Institute for International Comparative Law.
Training/Adult Education experience
• Experienced trainer and presenter in communication skills and conflict management for a variety of professional and business audiences, including Senior Coach and Trainer for LEADR NZ since 1995.
• Recent training includes programmes for: Air New Zealand, NZ Police Association, New Zealand Federated Farmers, NZ Historic Places Trust, Health and Disability Commission, Meridian Energy, NZEI, National Distribution Union plus Human Rights Commission Dispute Resolution Team and collective bargaining training for Department of Labour Mediators.
Since childhood I have been totally blind. Although needing to approach some daily tasks a little differently, lack of sight is no impediment to my ability to work with the dynamics of a mediation and arguably affords me some advantages. Specialist computer technology provides access to any necessary background material irrespective of its volume, technical or legal complexities. My guide dog enables me to travel fully independently throughout the country.