● Qualifications from the Universities of Canterbury (1981) and Cambridge (1985).
Practiced as a litigation solicitor and then partner of the firm of Simpson Grierson.
● Extensive work in the forestry sector, and in trade practices.
Barrister sole, 1996 to 2005. Acted as Counsel Assisting the Gisborne Cervical Screening Inquiry in 1999/2000.
● Became a Fellow (Arbitration) of AMINZ in 2001, and holds the Sir Ronald Davison Award for Award Writing in that year.
Chair of the Human Rights Review Tribunal from 2002 to 2011.
● Since returning to practice in 2011 Royden has routinely been engaged as mediator, arbitrator or adjudicator in a wide variety of commercial matters. Has delivered over 50 CCA determinations.
● Member of both the Mediation and Arbitration Panels of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (presently the Vice President the Institute)
● Resolution Institute-accredited mediator
● Teaches in dispute resolution at AUT.
To request the appointment of Royden Hindle please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org