2. Unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the meanings ascribed to them as follow:
SERVICES means any one or more services offered by BDT and should be interpreted in the widest possible sense. Services include, without limitation: arbitration; mediation; arb-med; adjudication; expert determination; early neutral evaluation; and dispute review boards.
USER means any person, company, entity, or organisation, who accesses the Website, or arranges for someone to access the Website, or whose details are published on the Website, whether or not they access, use, or otherwise refer to or rely on any of the Services provided.
3. Subject to the terms of the Privacy Act 1993, you authorise us to:
(a) retain and record any personal information provided in connection with BDT’s Services;
(b) collect, store, use, and disclose information about you for any purpose relating to the Services, including but not limited to:
(i) verification of your identity;
(ii) enforcement of BDT’s Terms and Conditions;
(iv) presenting offers from us or third parties that might be of interest to you;
(vi) compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
(vii) performing the Services provided by BDT generally; and
(viii) any other use that you authorise.
4. We may share your personal information with third party data processing organisations or government agencies for any of the purposes described here. Where possible we will require these third parties to strictly comply with our instructions and not use the information for any other purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to any other third party without your consent. You may contact BDT to enquire whether information has been provided to government agencies or third party data processing organisations.
5. Failure to provide personal information requested at the time of submitting an application to use any of BDT’s Services or when otherwise using our Services, may result in certain Services not being offered and/or provided to you.
6. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access your personal information recorded by us and have it updated or corrected. If you have any questions about the privacy and security of your personal information please contact us on + 64 9 486 7143, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC INFORMATION SECURITY
7. We undertake to use security protocols to ensure data which Users of the Services provide is appropriately encrypted and held in confidence. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the use of our Services and all such activities are conducted at your own risk.
8. You must not do anything to damage, interfere with or harm the Website or Services, or any network, or any system underlying or connected to them, or attempt to do so.
9. You may not use a robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Website or information featured on it for any purpose whatsoever.